www.BreakdownofAmerica.com


ShoutMix chat widget

Thursday, June 28, 2007

*U.S. Senate blocks Bush's immigration bill


WASHINGTON: The Senate drove a stake Thursday through President George W. Bush's plan to legalize millions of unlawful immigrants, likely postponing major action on immigration until after the 2008 elections.

Responding to a stinging political setback, Bush sounded resigned to defeat.

"Legal immigration is one of the top concerns of the American people, and Congress' failure to act on it is a disappointment," Bush said after an appearance in Newport, Rhode Island. "The American people understand the status quo is unacceptable when it comes to our immigration laws. A lot of us worked hard to see if we couldn't find common ground. It didn't work.

___________________________________________________________________

Some one explain this to me...am I reading this right? Did Bush want to legalize all the illegal immigrants??? Please tell me that is not what I'm reading. That makes NO sense! They break the law and come to the U.S. illegally and not only do we reward them by not sending them home but now we want to legalize them....just for the fun of it?? If I'm getting this wrong....someone please tell me! I really hope I'm just having bad understanding because it's late at night!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You said you'd like to hear our opinions even if we differ, so here goes. As far as illegal immigration is concerned I believe that of course it's not ok to break the law,but after spending some time in Mexico- I have compassion on why so many want to run to safety here in America where if they are willing to work hard they can feed their families. I believe that the bill was a compromise of sorts and am pretty disappointed that something wasn't able to be worked out.
I think that realistically we can't round up every man, woman and child (which the children born here are legal citizens) and ship them back to Mexico or Cuba or put them in prisons , so the best solution is to devise a way for the ones already here to become citizens ,including learning English AND paying taxes for the services provided them and then beef up our border security making it clear to all that the open door policy is over and that they must go through the proper channels if they want the privledge of living in this country.
I really believe that if the each side of the debate could compromise just a bit that a workable decision could be reached. There has to be a loving ,yet firm solution to this issue. And, like you, I love it when people are aware and concerned about what goes on in this country!:)