www.BreakdownofAmerica.com


ShoutMix chat widget

Monday, June 18, 2007

*Paris or.....something important?

I have noticed in the past few months that there has been more said about Paris and other celebs in the national media then the war, immigration, and gas prices.

Why do you think this is? I have an idea. I think that the media has figured out that people don't want to hear about all of the "bad" things. Because if they knew what was going on they would actually have to deal with it. People would rather hear about other peoples problems (like Paris in jail) then issues that actually affect them. It makes sense to me that they would want to hear about things going on that actually affect them...that way they would know what they can do to make sure they have a say the outcome.

There are many bills being tossed around in government that we should be aware of and make a choice about. We need to let our representatives and on up the ladder know how we feel.

What it boils down to is this...

In ten years when things have ended up in a mess and you begin to realize that the nation is in trouble...if you never took notice and voted...then you don't have a place to complain.

I am hoping that in 10 years we can all look back and realize that we did make a difference and helped the nation get back on track by making our voices heard instead of sitting back and thinking "oh, someone else will do it."

BE someone!

I am curious of a few things:
1. Your age?
2. Did you vote in the last Pres. Election? Why or why not?
3. Who are you leaning towards in the coming election? Why?
4. Who is the Speaker of the House?
5. Who is serving time in jail and misses her dog?

Thank you for taking the time to answer these to give us an idea of where we are as a nation!

3 comments:

Kenneth Taylor said...

I love this blog Stacy. I will visit it regularly. I totally agree about all the celebrity gossip and media coverage (although I am glad that the criminal justice system is finally being carried out on a celebrity).

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy!

I wanted to say that I visited this blog today for the first time. I agree mostly with what you have said. I just disagree with the reason why the media is paying more attention to Paris and other Celebs and only reporting the bad things that the Consertives are doing because they want things as libral as possible. Why I'm not sure unless it's just boils down to Sin Nature. And they know that if they report on certian things then the Christians will ban together change the things that they don't want changed.

Anyway, you have asked some questions:

1. My age is 34 (Will be 35 in Spet.)

2. Yes I voted in the last Pres. Election because it is my civic duty to do so.

3. As of right now, I have no idea who I will vote for. I don't like the ones that I know about and the others I just do not know enough about them. The press consintrates on those I don't like and do not feel comfortable voting for. And I have no idea who else is up for election at this time. I usually wait until a week or so before election and then do research on all canadates and go from there.

4. Speaker of the House is Nancy Polsi (Spelling?)

5. Since I do click on those types of headlines and I get my news from the internet, I only have an idea who it might be and only because of your rant about the coverage of Paris Hilton. So I'm going to go with Paris as my guess.

Stacie DeShazer

Anonymous said...

Hey stace!
To answer your questions 1. I'm 27
2. I did vote for Bush in the last election b/c I didn't think anyone else was a better candidate.
3. I am voting for Barack Obama if he wins the democratic primaries. I don't agree with all of his positions , but I do think he would do a great unifying job as pres. and I don't like any of the republican candidates this time and certainly don't care for Hillary.(I don't know what I'll do if it's her against Mitt Romney or Gulliani!)
4. Nancy Polosi (and I don't think she doing the greatest job of getting everybody to work together which I think would be her job as a leader in that position)
5. I know Paris must miss her Tinkerbell!

My hubby calls me a "newser" which I think is a person that watches and reads too much news!