The Governor announced that the following parishes have declared mandatory evacuations, and state continues to work closely with all coastal parishes as they execute their evacuation plans: (updated 8/30 - 7:30 pm)
- Plaquemines, St. Martin, and St. Charles Parishes - 12 Noon today, Mandatory
- Lafourche Parish - 3 PM today, Mandatory
- Terrebonne, St. Mary, and St. Bernard Parishes - 4 PM Today, Mandatory
- Calcasieu Parish - Sunday at 12 Noon, Mandatory
- Cameron Parish - Expected Mandatory evacuation Sunday Morning
- Iberia Parish - 7 AM Sunday, Mandatory
- Lower Jefferson Parish - Voluntary going on today.
- Orleans - Expecting mandatory tomorrow at 8 AM.
The Governor also announced today that the state is on track to begin the Central LA contra-flow plan at 4 AM Sunday morning and run through midnight Sunday. Louisiana State Police's 1,150 force is currently working double shifts to assist in preparations for contraflow and evacuation efforts. State Police has already worked with DOTD to preposition cones and traffic signs along the roadways in order to prepare to activate contraflow operations.
Evacuation guides for Southwest and Southeast Louisiana can be viewed at: www.GetaGameplan.org
Contra-Flow Maps: www.dotd.louisiana.gov/maps